Luna Moth Sighting



     Last night after noticing the full moon and beautiful feel of nature around me I noticed something by our front door. At first glance, I thought it was a note but, I quickly realized it was a living creature. I called my husband and son to come admire it with me. My biology husband informed me it was a Luna moth.  Each wing was wider than your cell phone.
      I must say it captured my attention. After inspecting it for a while I ran to get my phone to take a picture and capture the moment. Later, I searched Luna moths and became more excited as I read about them. Their life span as an adult is only 7 days. 
     The timing of this beautiful moment comes at the closing of our school year and the completion of our son's freshman year of high school. Time does not stand still. May we all be able to smile and know we gave our best at the close of our 7 days.

Popular posts from this blog

He's a Bully - Charlie Brown

Growing Consequences of not Enough Sleep